December 23, 2014 | Kayla Hollatz
Social media users sure are happy this holiday season. Twitter just launched a new feature allowing its users to track individual tweet analytics, like impressions and engagements, right in the iOS application. Although there has been no formal statement from Twitter on the change, many of us in the office as well as marketers online have access to the feature.
Simply open a tweet, press “View Analytics Details” underneath the tweet, and voilà! It opens a new window where your impressions and engagements are counted and displayed.
Metrics highlighted include:
- Total impressions
- Total engagements
- Percentage of people who favorited your tweet
- Percentage of people who retweeted your tweet
- Percentage of people who replied to your tweet
- Percentage of people who clicked to expand your tweet
- Percentage of people who clicked on your profile picture or name
Play around with the “View Analytics Details” today! (Caution: It is slightly addicting.)