Landing Page Testing Boosts Conversion, Generates More Leads
Landing page testing is the ultimate conversion rate optimization technique. It gives you actionable results from real users. With this data in hand, you can fine tune your landing page to improve performance. It is a powerful tool for increasing your conversion rate and return on investment.
The digital marketing experts at ThinkSEM are experienced at boosting lead generation through landing page testing. We have built hundreds of high-performing landing pages for our clients, from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses.
Methods of Landing Page Testing
ThinkSEM employs two methods of landing page testing:
- A/B/n testing evaluates landing page variations. Test two or more pages with the same content, but a different design. Or test pages with the same design but different content to see which works best. You are not limited to testing two variations. Multiple alternatives can be tested to see which one users prefer.
- Multivariate testing (MVT) identifies the winning combination of elements within the same page. All pages tested using this approach share the same layout. Elements within the layout are different. Images, headlines, calls-to-action and button language are some of the elements that can be tested to determine the best combination.
Both forms of landing page testing use live traffic and real users, so your results are grounded in fact, not opinion.
Developing a Landing Page Testing Plan
Landing page tests are strictly empirical. There is an art, however to ensuring that the tests meet your goals, timeline and budget. We start with your goals, then draw upon industry best practices and our years of testing experience to develop a testing plan that makes sense for you.
A successful test plan will include:
- The right selection of items to test. We focus on elements most likely to make a difference to users.
- The right number of variations. It’s important not to over-test. The more you test, the longer it takes to get results and put them into action.
- The right test duration. Test just long enough to obtain conclusive data. The more traffic volume, the shorter the test duration.
We can estimate the return on investment you can expect from a landing page testing program based on your cost per conversion and the average increase in conversion rate that testing can achieve.
Landing page testing can significantly boost conversion rates and generate more leads from the Internet. It can also help boost the effectiveness of ads in the brick-and-mortar world. ThinkSEM clients have successfully incorporated headlines, copy and visuals that tested well online into print and in-store advertising.
To learn more about how landing page testing can generate more leads for you, please call ThinkSEM at 651.200.3831 or contact us by email.
From offices in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, ThinkSEM tests landing pages for clients throughout Minnesota and across the nation.